3rd Line Support / IT Senior Systems Engineer- Central London- One Month
My client, located in central London, has an urgent short term contract opportunity for a 3rd line support specialist to support the IT Infrastructure including all hardware, Exchange, networks / Internet access, security, Citrix and VM Farm. Interviews can be performed this week as I am ideally looking for somebody who can start immediately.
· Ensure systems are closely monitored and undergo regular preventive maintenance and security patching to minimise the number of incidents occurring, and as an aid to capacity planning.
· Advise where infrastructure investment is needed, and ensure technical consistency with global systems and networks.
· Manage the release of hardware/software into the live environment, in accordance with testing and RFC processes
· Update all incidents/service requests
· Support 1st and 2nd Line Systems Administrators
· Investigate errors from daily checks, and back ups when required
· Maintain availability of IT services
· Manage documentation for procedures/policies
· Build and configure servers both virtual and physical
· Administer Anti Virus (Sophos)
· Manage and administer maintenance windows
· Monitoring of email and internet traffic
· Proactive approach to security of IT systems
· Liaise with third party support
· Strong advanced administrator knowledge of Citrix
· Strong advanced administrator knowledge of VM Ware and SAN Storage
· Strong advanced administrator knowledge of Active Directory / DFS
· Strong advanced administrator knowledge of Exchange 2003/7
· Networking - Cisco, VLAN,MPLS,BGP Routing
· Firewalls, ACL
· Back-up Solutions - Symantec Backup Exec, Evault
· Sophos AV
· Support telephony systems (Splicecom) - administrator level
· Knowledge of SQL
· Maintain and troubleshoot windows server standard and enterprise edition
· Configuration and the set up of group policy in Active Directory
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent team player and communication skills
Greythorn Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.