ADABAS Natural Developer - Initial 2 Months - Western Sydney
- Job reference:1049872
- Job type:Temporary / Contract
- Sector:Database Development/Administration
- Date posted:10/05/2012
ADABAS Natural Programmer - NSW Government Agency - Ongoing Contract!
Our client, a NSW State Government Giant is recruiting for 2 x Adabas Natural Analyst Programmers to work on an going contract. KEY AREAS
The ADABAS Natural Developer
is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting IT applications to deliver projects and solutions, meeting business needs. This position reports directly to the Project Manager. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Contribute to project delivery by assisting in developing technical specifications, systems design and operational support documentation;
- Develop robust and future-proof application solutions in accordance with the approved software development lifecycle;
- Develop applications that comply with the clients information technology policies, procedures, standards and security practices by maintaining awareness of and applying requirements and architecture standards and taking corrective action where necessary;
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of applications by troubleshooting, detecting and correcting faults, undertaking small development tasks and technical impact analysis;
- Liaise with Architects, Senior Analyst Programmers, functional specialists and other technical/end user staff to ensure solutions meet business requirements;
- Contribute to developing continuous improvement within the team by undertaking peer code reviews;
- Document current business process flows; and
- Gather and analyse business and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution designs, technical specifications and systems designs in the relevant technologies.
- Demonstrated experience and competency in NATURAL Programming including both in Online and Batch environments. Conduct full design and code reviews for new and modified modules.
- Demonstrated experience with ADABAS Database including knowledge of ADABAS and NATURAL/ADABAS Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Knowledge in the development of web based application using for example AJAX, HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, JSP, JAVA.
- Knowledge of other relevant technologies eg GIS, Real Time Systems, SOA.
- Demonstrated extensive experience using a relevant (Agile, Waterfall or Rational Unified Process) software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to lead joint application design sessions with appropriate users and liaise with Client Services to achieve user requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
If this role looks of interest and you have the suitable skills, please click APPLY now! or send your resume directly to me - firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy has now expired.
Senior .NET Developer / Dublin / €55k + €5k bonus - Permanent Role
Company Bio: This company are Europe's largest low fares airline. As the first airline to introduce low fares...
Oracle Database Developer
Greythorn is looking for a Database Developer to join a rapidly growing media company who is looking for a Senior Database Developer to join their team...
SQL Database Developer
Challenging new SQL database developer role with a leading US software company based in Dublin South West
This role is perfect for someone who is an enthusiastic team player who has strong communication and...