- Job reference:1048573
- Job type:Permanent
- Sector:Infrastructure, Networks & Support
- Date posted:21/06/2012
Our client, a large and successful Australian organisation in Melbourne's Eastern suburbs, requires an experienced Applications Administrator to join their close knit team. You will be working on mission critical systems in this high profile area of the business.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Regular house keeping checks and ensuring the system is running smoothly
- Monitor and support batch process
- Performance tuning of applications
- Maintenance and performance management on the application side
- Performing application administration for the customer portal and supplying enhancements/fixes where required
- Change and release management of application enhancements, upgrades etc
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Unix/Linux system and application administration
- Strong scripting skills, in particular SQL (mandatory)
- Direct experience with Oracle/SQL databases
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- A positive attitude and the willingness to learn new things
- Familiarity with web infrastructure and technologies such as webservers (Apache/Tomcat), proxies and firewalls
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Willingness to work in an On-Call roster
To apply for this position, please send your CV in WORD format (not PDF), by clicking on the Apply Now button below or if you would like to discuss further, please call Michael on 03-9604-4202
This vacancy has now expired.
Citrix Lead & Architect / Senior Global Citrix Engineer - CCIA
Citrix Architect / Senior Global Citrix Engineer (CCEA/CCIA MCSE) - London - £55,000 - £65,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen within a global legal firm for a Citrix Architect / Senior Global Citrix Engineer to...
Global System Administrator
Greythorn, part of the FiveTen Group is looking for a Systems Administrator to work in our Bellevue office, with travel to some of our great locations. This position will include a few trips a year to Chicago and/or...
HPC Engineer - HPC System Administrator - Linux
HPC Engineer / HPC System Administrator (Linux / HP High Performance Computing) - £50,000 - Cambridge
HPC Engineer / HPC System Administrator (Linux / HP High Performance Computing) - £50...
Senior System Engineer
A leading software solution company based in south Dublin are currently recruiting for a Multifaceted Senior System Engineer with experience dealing with large datasets...
System Administrator - Linux
System Administrator - (Linux) - £35,000 - Cambridge
System Administrator - (Windows, Linux, Netapp, Storage) - £35,000 - Cambridge
Currently seeking a strong Systems Administrator to work with the following...