Applications / Desktop Support
- Job reference:1048682
- Job type:Temporary / Contract
- Sector:Infrastructure, Networks & Support
- Date posted:27/06/2012
Service Support Specialist Global Investment Firm Sydney CBD Location Initial 3 Month Engagement – extensions likely
The position is responsible to address 1st and 2nd tier support for day-to-day desktop PC issues. In addition, the position also requires maintaining accurate hardware inventory; deploying standard image to PC, laptops and workstations. Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to create and maintain process documentation.
- Ability to run larger projects as a contributing team lead.
- Position reports to the Service Support Manager.
- Ensure services level agreements are met.
- Virus Control.
- Maintenance of accurate Desktop Inventory and interface with all required departments.
- Planning and execution of Desktop Relocations.
- Second level support of desktop PC issues.
- Perform shift duty.
- Cross Training of Peers.
- Create, validate and maintain documentation.
- 2 years experience in Desktop Support in a corporate environment.
- Certification in 2 or more MCSE core subjects is desirable.
- Excellent analytical & communication skills.
- Knowledge of main market data service desktop environment is advantageous (Bloomberg Anywhere, Reuters 3000Xtra, etc…)
- Sound knowledge of Windows XP & 7 is essential.
- Strong MS Office 2003 & 2010 experience.
- Sound knowledge of Client/Server application model & ODBC configuration.
- Working knowledge of Citrix client & XEN Desktop,
- Internet Explorer 8, Office communicator, Outlook & Lotus Notes.
- Operator level competence of Active Directory & SMS.
- Operator level competence of McAfee EPO (Anti-Virus & DLP).
- Operator level competence of encryption technologies.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role, please use the ‘apply now’ button or call Chris Wood – Candidate Manager on 02 9249 8070
quoting job reference number – 1048682
for further information.
This vacancy has now expired.
Citrix Lead & Architect / Senior Global Citrix Engineer - CCIA
Citrix Architect / Senior Global Citrix Engineer (CCEA/CCIA MCSE) - London - £55,000 - £65,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen within a global legal firm for a Citrix Architect / Senior Global Citrix Engineer to...
Citrix Support Engineer/ Desktop Support
Desktop & Citrix Support Engineer- 3 months- London
Our client, an investment hedge fund has a 3 month requirement for a Citrix support specialist to join the Citrix project team for a company wide rollout...
Global System Administrator
Greythorn, part of the FiveTen Group is looking for a Systems Administrator to work in our Bellevue office, with travel to some of our great locations. This position will include a few trips a year to Chicago and/or...
NICE Engineer/ Voice/ VOIP
VOIP/ NICE Engineer- London- 3 month contract
Our client, a global consultancy has a requirement for a Voice/ NICE systems engineer. Experience within NICE systems is essential as engineers will be sent to client...
System Administrator - Linux
System Administrator - (Linux) - £35,000 - Cambridge
System Administrator - (Windows, Linux, Netapp, Storage) - £35,000 - Cambridge
Currently seeking a strong Systems Administrator to work with the following...