Applications Support Analyst|CBD|Up to $95k+super|Oracle or SQL skills highly de
- Job reference:1049823
- Job type:Permanent
- Sector:Database Development/Administration
- Date posted:08/05/2012
Application Support Analyst|CBD|Permanent|Up to $95k+Super|CBD
My client is a successful, well established global construction business and currently seeks an Application Support Analyst to join their application support team. You will have strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL Server or Oracle, a background in application development (ideally in .NET), support or helpdesk services. You will have a strong focus on service delivery and a fast learner as my client is happy to develop and progress your skills in a plethora of applications and technologies. My client currently supports around 100 third party applications and is keen to bring on a candidate with excellent communication skills who is happy to liaise with third party vendors. A solid knowledge of infrastructure (ideally Windows Server) and IP networking would be seen as a significant advantage for this role.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Respond and resolve incidents raised by customers
- Ensure seamless performance of applications and related infrastructure
- Investigate repeat issues, root causes and problem mitigation
- Create and document processes which relate to production applications and infrastructure
- Indoctrinate knowledge of my client’s systems and applications in order to become a lead/senior point of contact for the applications support team
- Be available for on-call support during end of financial year or busy periods (compensated with time in lieu)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases – SQL or Oracle
- IT related degree
- Application support experience in .NET and/or SQL Server
- Strong customer delivery/satisfaction focus
- Solid working knowledge of task automation languages (e.g. VB scripting, Powershell, etc.)
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Certifications in SQL Server, Oracle E-business, .NET or SharePoint support or development
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure-Windows Server, IP Networks, Microsoft Active, etc.
- Programming background
- Flexible, team player attitude
- Innovative and attentive to detail
Please call Liz Herse, Project Delivery Consultant at Greythorn, on 02 9249 8060.
This vacancy has now expired.
Senior .NET Developer / Dublin / €55k + €5k bonus - Permanent Role
Company Bio: This company are Europe's largest low fares airline. As the first airline to introduce low fares...
Enterprise DBA - Lead
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of all relational database needs and will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures for all MS SQL, Oracle...
Oracle Database Developer
Greythorn is looking for a Database Developer to join a rapidly growing media company who is looking for a Senior Database Developer to join their team...
SQL Database Developer
Challenging new SQL database developer role with a leading US software company based in Dublin South West
This role is perfect for someone who is an enthusiastic team player who has strong communication and...