You will be involved with developing our core analytics platform and associated web, mobile and social apps for clients. An optional role upgrade includes poking regular fun at the easy-to-rile sales team.
The comapny in which you will be working for is a leader in its sectorf.
My client presents and working environment that can challenge that of Larger, more Corporate offices.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Can develop web applications in a cloud-based Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP(LAMP) environment(experience in similar environments is fine.)
* Is familiar with version control systems, specifically Git (For a list please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software)
* Has a degree in Computer Science or similar
You MUST have Experience in:
* Test Driven Development(TDD)
* Model-View-Controller frameworks(MVC Frameworks), specifically CakePHP
* Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS), such as NoSQL or Stream Processing
An interest in any of the following topics:
* Natural Language Processing, specifically semantic extraction
* Recommendation Engines and Predictive Analytics
* Web Analytics Software and Data Mining
The ideal candidate:
* Approaches problems pragmatically, based upon a deep theoretical understanding of the underlying Computer Science concepts
* Is comfortable working in an Agile environment.